8″ Digital Calendar Day Clock – Orientation Dementia Clock
Reduce the workload of carers
The Dementia Day Clock is aimed at helping people living with Dementia by simply and clearly displaying the time of day as morning, afternoon, evening or night. People living with Alzheimer’s or Dementia can lose the ability to recognise what the time is and even whether it is day or night. This can cause many challenges for them and for their primary carers. By using this digital calendar orientation day clock it can reduce the challenges.
Help people with dementia live in a daily routine
The aim of the day clock is to help people with dementia to be able to link the time of day to their daily routine. The Day Clocks’ clear and simple display has proven to be helpful for people with dementia or Alzheimer’s
The Day Clock can be used in the living room, the bedroom, the study, the kitchen and classroom. It can be standing or wall mounted. The high gloss framing is good looking to suit your home environment perfectly.
The time display and menus can be displayed in one of 9 available languages; English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Polish, Spanish, Portugese and Finnish
Time Mode / Date Mode
The time can be displayed in 12 hours or 24 hours format.
The date can be displayed as Month-Date-Year or Date-Month-Year
User Interface Feature
The clock can be used in the standard mode displaying the Day, Time, Date, Month and Year. Alternatively, you can choose the analogue clock setting, or a coloured background. Press and hold the play button on the back to switch to the desired display.
The latest model has;
- up to 5 basic alarms (Numbered 1 to 5, Monday to Friday, Saturday to Sunday, or Monday to Sunday) and
- up to 3 Medicine Reminders (one time only, or repeating daily)
The text message on the alarms cannot be modified, see larger images in image gallery above.
The user can stop the alarm by pressing any button
The clock has the function to automatically adjust the display depending on the time of day. High, Medium, Low or Auto. In Auto , the display brightens during Day Mode after 7am (50cd/㎡) and automatically dims during Night Mode after 7pm (10cd/㎡).
- 8 inch LED Backlight Digital Display Clock
- Day, Time, Date, Month and Year displayed in full wording – non abbreviated
- Optional display in analogue clock or coloured background
- Automatic brightness adjustment setting; Day Mode after 7am (50cd/㎡) and Night Mode after 7pm (10cd/㎡)
- Adjustable volume (levels 00-30)
- New Model – has up to 5 basic alarms (Monday to Friday, Saturday to Sunday, or Monday to Sunday)
- Up to 3 Medicine Reminders (one time only, or repeating daily)
- The user can press any button to stop the alarm
- Display in one of 9 Languages; English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Polish, Spanish, Portugese, or Finnish
- 12 hour or 24 hour time format
- Date display format; Date-Month-Year, or Month-Date-Year
- Time Dispaly; Morning 6am-11am, Afternoon 12pm-5pm, Evening 6pm-11pm, Night 12am-5am
- Resolution 800 x 600 high definition display
- Display Ratio 4:3
- No glare within 15 feet
- Dimensions 217mm W x 172mm H x 25mm D
- Approximate dimensions of the characters;
- Day characters – 25mm H x 12.5-18mm W
- Time numerals – 38mm H x 20mm W
- Date characters – 10mm H x 8mm W
- Weight 410g
- Accuracy +/- 30-60 secs p/mth
- Electricity operated only. Internal battery retains the clock time in the event of a power failure. However, the clock must be plugged in and powered by electricity to operate.
- 5V/1A Power Adaptor supplied