Autoadapt 6 Way Power Seat Base
The 6 way power base allows a wheelchair user to gain access to the driver or front passenger positions from the interior of a suitable van. The power base is generally fitted with the vehicles original passenger or drivers seat. The system operates as follows.
- The chair user transfers to the power base seat which is electrically driven into the row 2 position and rotated up to 140 degrees.
- Once sitting in the seat, the user can rotate it (electrically) till it faces the front of the vehicle.
- The seat can then be propelled forward (electrically) until it is in the required position for passenger use or for driving.
- At any point during this operation it can adjusted for height (electrically) to match the wheelchair seat height or driving height.
- Returning to the wheelchair is the reverse of this procedure.
Note that a vehicle with flat floor area front to back is most suitable for this device (ie , VW T5 Transporter, Mecedes Vito)
Assesment of the proprosed vehicle is required as a first step.
- The Autoadapt 6-Way Base is designed with focus on the safety of the driver. It goes without saying that you, as a wheelchair user, should benefit from the same safety standards as any other driver.
It should be every driver’s right to be safe and comfortable.
- The Autoadapt 6-Way Base is crash tested according to global and European standards for vehicles.
- When seated at the wheel you use the vehicle’s original seat belt. The seatbelt receptacle in the 6-Way Base has been thoroughly tested including crash testing.
- We know that you – as a car owner – wish to keep the vehicle interior looking as neat as possible, despite any adaptation product installed.
- Our goal has been to design a 6-Way Base which blends well with the vehicle’s interior design.
Stable and functional
- It is essential that a driver has stable seating, which doesn’t sway when making turns or wobble on rough roads.
- The construction of the Autoadapt 6-Way Base is designed to eliminate sway and to provide complete stability.
- Horizontal travel (long model): 714 mm
- Horizontal travel (short model): 514 mm
- Vertical travel: 180 mm
- Rotation: 140 degrees
- Length (long model): 1126 mm
- Length (short model): 926 mm
- Width: 400 mm
- Maximum user weight: 150 kg
Options and Accessories
Universal mounting bracket
Y-Cable kit for seat functions