Broda Synthesis Transport Chair
The Synthesis Transport Chair allows for safe patient transport in an accessible vehicle with the ability to keep the individual in the same chair for care and transport. The amount of transfers is reduced increasing the overall comfort and safety for both the individual and the caregiver.
Available in both rear castor or rear or mid-mount mag wheel configurations in up to 24″ seat width and 159 kg weight capacity, the Synthesis Transport Chair meets the WC-19 full compliance standards. The WC19 Wheelchair standards are put forth by the American National Standards Institute / Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America (ANSI / RESNA) and tested by the University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute (UMTRI).
If you don’t need the transportation wheelchair we have a Synthesis Tilt Recliner that provides additional functionality.
For facility use:
Broda’s unique Comfort Tension Seating® system provides pressure redistribution and air flow for increased sitting comfort and support. The Synthesis Transport Chair features up to 40° of infinitely adjustable seat tilt and up to 90° of infinitely adjustable back recline, as well as Trendelenburg positioning that provides safe and comfortable positioning without the use of restraints. Our front pivot seat tilt helps maintain patient’s line of vision while tilted to allow for socializing, helping improve quality of life.
Offering outstanding benefits for both patients and caregivers, the Synthesis Transport Chair is ideal for:
• Transporting residents to appointments or outings.
• Improved posture, breathing, feeding, and overall comfort.
• Fall prevention and Safe patient handling.
• Accommodating hyperextension.
• Changing incontinence products without transferring from the chair.
• Individuals requiring Moderate to Advanced levels of nursing care.
• Severe Agitation and Involuntary Movement.
• Vehicle Transportation with an occupant.
- Broda Comfort Tension Seating
- 16 Gauge Powder Coated Tubular Steel
- 16″, 18″ or 20″ Seat Width
- 17″ or 18.5″ Seat Depth
- 32″ Back Height
- Height Adjustable Armrests
- Adjustable Removable Wings for Upper Lateral Support
- 40° infinitely adjustable tilt in space
- 90° infinitely adjustable back recline
- Trendelenburg Capable
- Adjustable Length, Articulating and Extending Legrest
- Split-flip Down Footrest with Angle Adjustable Footplates
- 2 x 5″ Front Total-Lock Casters
- 2 x 6″ Single Directional Lock Casters
- Accessory Bag (Custom Embroidery Optional)
- Optional HSP padding package
- Mag wheel package
- Mid-Mount Mag wheel package
- Long Armrests
- Full Wrap Vinyl Seat and Back Pad