Spex High Contour Cushion
The Spex cushion is designed to create the optimum pelvic foundation for the wheelchair user. Well established and preferred by many professionals for its capacity to adjust on-the-spot in solving for both symmetrical and asymmetrical sitting postures. Spex cushion technology provides the key solution to positioning and levelling the pelvis correctly and effectively by strategic placement in the adjustable base cell system to further contour the cushion for correction or control.
The technology of the construction produces a broad distribution pattern with low peak pressures, and pressure analysis data suggest that the pressure distribution characteristics of the Spex cushion makes it an excellent candidate for people that are at risk of skin ulcers. Further pressure management and pressure redistribution is adjusted by simply rearranging and modifying the cells at any time.
Designed for the user who has moderate to severe positioning and pressure requirements. Excellent choice for individuals who:
- Need high control of abduction/adduction propensities.
- Have changing postural needs over time.
- Have a symmetrical or asymmetrical sitting posture that requires correction or control.
- Require pelvic comfort and pressure relief/distribution.
- Require a high degree of pelvic stability and specific contouring.
- Have tight hamstrings/lack of hip flexion.
- No maintenance required. A reliable, peace-of-mind solution!
- Created as the solution-solver for asymmetrical postures.
- Strategic contouring pads offer complete customisations on-the-spot for a perfect fit for the client.
- Removable trochanter supports for pelvic obliquity or reduction, or build-up for hip flexion.
- Gel-foam ischial well evenly distributes pressure under the pelvis and reduces shear forces in sensitive areas.
- Coccyx channel for enhanced pressure relief (for sizes 16” +)
- Includes breathable ‘spacer’ fabric cover and bonus inner incontinence cover.
- Large Range of coloured covers available.