Spex Medial Thigh Support
The Spex Medial Thigh support block is a wedge shape that can be attached to the front of the wheelchair seat.
It should be used to keep the user’s legs in the correct position to maintain a neutral pelvis. It doesn’t just swing-down, it can then pull off the mount to allow an unobstructed transfer.
Provides a comfortable yet firm knee and medial thigh support through a soft padding and removable washable cover.
- The medial thigh support should be used with clients who experience a variety of movement disorders, fluctuating muscle tone, spasticity or contractures.
- It assists to align the heads of the femurs with the acetabulum providing symmetrical hip abduction for proper posture.
- Abduction allows equal weight bearing through both ischial tuberosities and thighs, thus permitting better pressure distribution.
- Provides a wider, more stable support base for the upper body while limiting contractures and deformities that could interfere with function.
- In cases of hip dysplasia, luxation or dislocation it provides comfort and reduces pain.
- Not to be used as a way to prevent or limit forward sliding. The pommel should be installed clear of the groin area.
- Depth adjustable convenience combined with flip down hardware.
- Easy access release hardware.
- Huge height range for high profile cushions.
- Can be mounted to a seat pan.