Spex SuperHigh Contour Cushion
Using the proven Spex strategic positioning base technology, the SuperHigh contour cushion creates an optimum pelvic foundation for the user that requires extra pelvic and hip immersion.
It’s properties provide hip/leg envelopment as well as an ideal pressure redistribution all over the seat cushion. The medial thigh support combined with lateral thigh supports maximizes the user stability, providing greater balance and support on upper body.
Developed in accordance with listening to feedback from medical professionals and clients alike, the SuperHigh cushion features ‘stepped’ thigh contouring, bringing added benefits to users who require deep envelopment positioning. This lower profile contouring to the rear of the cushion, allows for hip positioning belts, posture variances, and in some cases to allow for the back support to be positioned over the cushion.
The SuperHigh contour cushion’s body-hugging nature delivers comfort and daily sitting relief; while the 3D breathable mesh fabric helps in reducing moisture and temperature.
Designed for the user who has moderate to severe positioning requirements. Excellent choice for individuals who:
- Require deep pelvic and hip immersion
- Require external sensory feedback to assist in stabilising posture
- Have muscle tone patterns that require sufficient thigh lateral control. Thigh support is higher for alignment – refer measurement table
- If extremity support can’t be maintained through the use of external thigh laterals and/or if installing thigh laterals can’t be used, the SuperHigh contour cushion will provide that needed support and stabilization
- Have a symmetrical or asymmetrical sitting posture that requires correction or control/accommodation
- Require pelvic comfort and pressure relief/distribution
- Require a high degree of pelvic stability and specific contouring
- Positioning base accommodates tight hamstrings/lack of hip flexion
- No maintenance required. A reliable, peace-of-mind solution!
- Strategic contouring pads offer complete customisations on-the-spot for a perfect fit for the client
- Removable lateral rigidizers which add extra thigh support/alignment
- Gel-foam ischial well evenly distributes pressure under the pelvis and in combination with the dual-layer cover, reduces shear forces in sensitive areas
- Coccyx channel for enhanced pressure relief (for sizes 16” +)
- Dual-layer cover reduces shear forces, and breathable air-mesh on cushion sides counters moisture
- Inner incontinence cover included
- Customizable for many requirements such as leg length discrepancies
- Not compatible with Thigh Supports or Medial Thigh Supports